This berry-apple crisp is the perfect ending to a clean home cooked meal… or 'dessert for breakfast'! Free of any dairy, gluten, and refined sugar. Enjoy, guilt free!
Ingredients: Makes 6 servings
- 4 apples
- ¾ cup sliced strawberries
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ½ lemon (juice)
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- salt – pinch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 8x8 inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Peel and slice apples, place in cooking dish.
- Add strawberries and blueberries; gently mix fruits.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon on top of the fruit mixture.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the oats, coconut flour, melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt; blend well.
- Evenly disperse oatmeal mixture on top of the fruit. You may want to use your hands for this!
- Place in the oven, and bake for approx. 45 minutes, or until fruit is “bubbling” in the corners of the pan.
This bake can be froze and saved for an upcoming event, or will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. This tastes great on its own, or you can add frozen yogurt or vanilla Greek yogurt for a little added decadence. The berries are interchangeable, but this is my favorite mix! See nutritional value below.