This festive looking granola is LIT with Greek or Icelandic yogurt and berries, milk, or even as a topping to your frozen yogurt! Super easy to make, and can be gifted to friends and family to spread health and wellness cheer!
Goji berries are one of my favorite dried fruits. They have a chewy texture, with a tartness to add a bang to any of your baking. Not to mention, health benefits through the roof! In ¼ cup of the red gems, there is 4 grams of protein, plenty of vitamin A and C, and 15% of your daily value of Iron!
The salted and roasted cashews adds a bit of 'savoury' to the recipe, but feel free to add them unsalted and raw if preferred.
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp honey OR maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup roasted and salted cashews (chopped)
- ½ cup medium unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup Goji berries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the oats, honey/maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and cinnamon. Pour evenly onto baking sheet at put in oven. Bake for 20 minutes, giving the mixture a stir at the 10-minute point.
- Once the oats have cooled, add back to mixing bowl with the shredded coconut, Goji berries, and cashews. Pour into recycled glass jars (I like to re-purpose glass spaghetti sauce jars, a little trick that my sister-in-law taught me) and store in the cupboard OR on the counter top for some natural looking décor!
Serving size: 1/3 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes