Chocolatey, chewey, peanut butterey goodness, with an added bonus of vegan and gluten free… how could you possibly resist!? Oh, and they are SUPER easy to make.
My FAV way to serve this... slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla bean fro-yo.
Still need convincing? Didn’t think so 😉
Ingredients: Makes 12 Brownies
- 1 15oz can Black Beans-drained and rinsed well
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- ½ cup old fashioned oats – blended into flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Blend oats in bullet or food processor and add to a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a bullet or food processor, blend black beans, coconut oil, and maple syrup until COMPLETELY smooth.
- Add baking powder, sea salt and cocoa powder to oat flour; blend well.
- Pour black bean mixture into oat flour mixture, blend well.
- Gently pour into baking dish, and smooth out evenly with spatula.
- Melt the peanut butter in microwave for 30 seconds, and drizzle over top of brownie mixture.
- With the end of a clean butter knife, gently make designs in the peanut butter/brownie mixture. There is no right or wrong way to do this!
- Sprinkle the 2 tbsp's of chocolate chips evenly over top of batter in pan.
- Place in pre-heated oven, and bake for approx. 15 minutes or until batter is set.
- Let cool for at least a few minutes before digging in! For best results, cool completely and refrigerate overnight. Cut into 12 rectangular pieces and share the health!