These protein balls are SERIOUSLY the best... little balls of power to help you through a workout, mid-morning or afternoon slump... and any other time of the day, really!
They are super easy to make and keep well if stored in the freezer for a few months.
Recipe: makes 20 balls
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs OR mini chocolate chips
- 2 scoops protein powder (I use peanut butter flavour, but any will do)
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 medjool dates (pitteed)
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- Blend pecans and oats until a flour is formed. Pour into a bowl and stir in protein, puffed quinoa, and chocolate chips.
- Blend dates and water, then add to mixture from last point.
- Finally, stir in the peanut butter.
- You may need to use your hands to help blend the dough! Really feel the goodness ;).
- Lay out cookie sheet lined in parchment paper.
- Form into approximately 20 "ping-pong" sized balls.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for an hour or so to freeze the balls before storing in zip bags or sealed containers.
NOTE: I often double or triple this recipe because we go through them FAST in our household!